2013-04-03

BY-544410 - Church of Saint Simon and Helena, Minsk


© Издатель Владимир Шарков

BY-544410 sent by "Gra"

"Church of Saints Simon and Helen (Belarusian: Касцёл святых Сымона і Алены) also known as the Red Church (Belarusian: Чырвоны касцёл) is a Roman Catholic church on Independence Square in Minsk, Belarus.

This neo-Romanesque church was designed by polish architects Tomasz Pajzderski and Władysław Marconi, and built during 1905-1910. The bricks for its walls were sourced from Częstochowa, whilst the roof tiles came from Włocławek. Its construction was financed by Edward Woyniłłowicz, a prominent Polish civic activist. The church was named and consecrated in memory of Woyniłłowicz's deceased children, Szymon and Helena." In: Wikipedia
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...